Raven Rock state park May 29th 2016 Sunday 4 pm
We had 12 hikers 2015.
"Please use caution on the trails "
It is a holiday, you need to be there 18 minutes early to find a parking place!
We are meeting in the visitor center near the bathrooms look for bright orange t-shirt & grey hair
We are going on raven rock loop 3.8 miles then do little creek loop an additional 1.5 miles.All trails are rated easy.
We will stop at overlook and visit the raven rock and stop at the stream. I estimate we will stop 4 times
From US440 and US40 Go south US401 38.7 miles.Turn right on highway 421 in the middle of lillington .5 miles past the cape fear river.Go 6.2 miles on highway 421 turn right on raven rock road.
10.5 miles from Raven Rock in Lillington US 401 makes a sharp 90 degree right turn.If you are daydreaming and realize you are on 421 going to Dunn,you just past the turn
If near nc 55 ,it is a shorter route to take nc 55 to 401 make a right in fuquay/ Varina
Just remember this is a former island which is inland now
If you need to call me between 3 pm to 3:30 pm call the visitor center and ask for grey hair man in orange t- shirt (910) 893-4888... My cell phone does not work at Raven Rock
3009 Raven Rock Road, Lillington, NC 27546
GPS: 35.4597, -78.9127
Should the humdrum of the work week leave you with the urge to travel and explore, head to Raven Rock State Park. Adventure is just an hour's drive from the Research Triangle and only 45 minutes from the Fayetteville area. The first feeling you are likely to experience at Raven Rock is one of renewal. Here, the forest reigns as each year the timeless cycle of growth further heals age-old wounds inflicted by man. Nature triumphs as plants compete in the stages of forest succession and the woodlands are restored. High above the Cape Fear River stands Raven Rock, its austere beauty a testament to the forces that have shaped the land. As the river below rushes to join the sea, nature's elements continue to shape the surface of this natural monument.
Spend some time at Raven Rock State Park and let nature refresh your spirit
Investigating Raven rock there are 3 stories of stairs
Yes we will stop so people will catch up
We will stop 3 times at the creek,the overlook and to explore raven rock
This will not be a race
- Mudcats Minor league baseball team Game
- We had 21 singles sitting together in Cattails.
- We will see you next year
- Sunday date is not set yet for 2016 6 pm Mudcats baseball game
- Indoor seating/ air condition/private server/Mudcats Baseball game in Cattails
- Do not call the Mudcats for single tickets to sit with our group, we will have extra tickets at will call for you. Contact me directly.
- If you have a group of less than 20 people, buy your tickets on that day because the Mudcats do not sell out. Do not call the Mudcats for ticket information. After the 5th inning come up to cattails and visit us.
- If your group is 20 or more and you want to sit in cattails with us, then call the group sales associate Gerrod. Please tell him you are with the single Christian event with Charles KileCattails @ 5 county stadium1501 NC Hwy 39ON top of stadiumZebulon, NC/Ask for Charles Kile group in Cattails/Ask the Hostess in cattails where we are seatingCattails is indoor seating and a private serverzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz You need to contact charles kile 919-413-3868 . All games at Five County Stadium in Zebulon ( Eastern Wake County ) & Parking is $5 per car. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ContactDirections to Five County Stadium in Zebulon:From Raleigh: Take the I-440 beltline to US64/US264 Bypass East (Exit 14). Follow for approximately 17 miles and merge onto US264 East. Take Highway 39 and turn right: the stadium is on the right.From Rocky Mount: Take I-95 to US 64 West to stadium exit at NC 39 highway. Turn left and follow NC 39 for 3.5 miles the stadium is on the right.From Smithfield: Take US 301 to NC 39 highway (just north of Selma). Turn left and follow NC 39 highway, stadium is on the left
Look for table top signs at all events
for Night on the Town.
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:3